|Dimensions||Foot/ Lbs||Meter/ Kg|
J/80 Specifications- June 1st, 2017
Hull & Deck Construction
- Composite hull and deck of GRP balsa sandwich with E-glass fabrics, additional reinforcing in way of highly loaded hardware.
- Vinylester and ISO NPG gelcoat in hull for osmotic gelcoat blister protection.
- Molded GRP main bulkhead to absorb the direct loads of the shrouds and mast compression.
- Mast step loads are distributed to aluminum frame fastened to the main bulkhead.
- Hull is reinforced in way of keel with several transverse molded stringers.
- Large modern cockpit with molded foot braces on centerline.
- Non slip finish to all horizontal deck surfaces in white.
- Molded Toe-rail forward.
- Bolts, screws and fitting are all made of stainless steel, marine grade anodized.
- Stainless steel forestay attachment plate.
- Stainless steel pulpit single lifeline.
- “U” bolt on the foredeck.
- Stainless steel chain plates for cap shrouds, lower, shrouds and backstay.
- Opening hatch (420 x 420 mm) mounted on cabin trunk forward of mast.
- Two black anodized jib T tracks with cars.
- Boom vang system (12:1) with swivel mounted cleats, on both sides of the coach roof.
- Mainsheet traveler with coaming mounted (2:1) control line, cleats.
- Mainsheet system (5:1) with swivel cam cleat and ratchet block on cockpit sole.
- Cleats and blocks for backstay adjustment (4:1) led forward in cockpit to port and starboard.
- Two 30:1 primary winches with cam cleats.
- Internal bowsprit launching line led aft through fairleads to cabin trunk cam cleat.
- Bullseye fairleads for furler control line (port with cam cleat) and tack line (starboard) to cabin side mounted clutch.
- Two halyard storage bags shipped loose.
- Spinnaker sheet blocks outboard of winches and aft.
- Two stern pulpits.
- Single continuous lifeline.
- One fixed cabin window on each side of cabin side.
- GRP main sliding hatch with acrylic one piece offshore drop board.
- Winch handle.
- Bow and stern running lights.
Keel & Rudder
- Low VCG keel cast from lead and antimony, faired and finished with an epoxy primer and secured by way of stainless steel bolts to the integral molded hull sump.
- Reinforced FRP rudder on transom with stainless steel fittings.
- Laminated varnished wood tiller, with adjustable tiller extension.
- Mast and boom in anodized aluminum.
- Headsail roller furling on headstay.
- Two pairs of swept spreaders.
- Stainless steel wire standing rigging with turnbuckle adjusters.
- Backstay with adjustment tackle led to both sides of the cockpit.
- Complete running rigging package.
- >Optional owner supplied, minimum 3.5hp long shaft recommended.
- Low transom suitable for direct mounting of a 3 or 4 hp outboard.
- Removable cabin sole.
- Molded settee berths with access to storage below.
- Large forward V-berth platform with two access panels above mast step.
- Large removable molded step with space for an outboard and cooler to be stored aft.
- Crane lifting bar integral to keel bolt system.
- Interior reading light.
- Electrical panel.
- Battery box with straps (battery owner supplied).
Specifications subject to change prior to delivery due to deletions, additions or revisions in quantities, brand or design at the sole discretion of J/Boats, Inc. Newport, RI.